DYNAPIC® keypads consists of different layers laminated to created a keypad. Ceramic elements called Piezo pills are encapsulated into each key location. When a key is operated the top membrane elastically deforms slightly. This generates a charge in the Piezo pills which is used as a switch signal.
DYNAPIC® can accommodate a choice of overlay materials as the switching cycle is triggered by the distortion of the Piezo element by just a few micro-meters. Aluminium, stainless steel, glass or plastic are the most common overlay material each allowing different design opportunities to the Interface designer.
- Vandal resistant
- Suppression of electromagnetic interference
- More robust than membrane keyboards
- Insensitive to mechanical wear
- Unaffected by changes in air pressure
- Various overlay materials available
- Adjustable operating force