About Membrane Circuits
Membrane circuits consist of a printed overlay and flexible circuit layers sandwiched together with spacer layers to make a complete switch assembly. With numerous key structures and finish options available, membrane circuits can meet any technical requirements for your product.
Advantages of Membrane Circuits.
Compared to other interface solutions, Membrane Circuits offer significant benefits, including:
- Low-profile design: The compact construction of Membrane Circuits provides a low-profile solution, making them a popular choice for engineers designing keypads for smaller applications.
- High IP rating: Membrane circuits have a high IP rating, making them suitable for environments exposed to dirt, dust, and liquids.
- Easy cleaning: The surface of membrane circuits is sealed and flat, making cleaning a breeze. This is why medical applications often use membrane switching technology, with the option to add an antimicrobial coating for additional protection.
- Tactile feedback: Membrane circuits offer tactile feedback, allowing the user to feel a physical sensation in response to a user action and improving the sense of touch.
- Backlighting options: Membrane circuits can be backlit to enhance their visual appearance and functionality.